Thursday, September 11, 2008

Over the top!!


For those of you that follow rugby, you may have heard of the Absa Stadium, home of the KwaZulu-Natal Sharks, and a stadium favourite of the South African Springbok Rugby Team (current World Cup champions). I recently got to do an aerial photoshoot from the roof of the stadium, which was AMAZING!! The fact that we had no harnesses, rigging or any other safety gear made it even more of an adrenalin rush, and to top it off, the wind was blowing gales. Talk about over the top!

13 comments:

All of my Todays said...

Great shot. Not so sure I would be that happy being that close to the edge though! x

Hazel said...

Great photo (rather you than me, though)

Photographing Mom said...

Brave man, you are! Great pic!!

Igotmebabe said...

Oh I've came over all dizzy :)
Fab shot

lucy said...

Oh my goodness...That is certainly 'over' the top!

Sarah said...

cool shot
It must be awesome to stand there

Sarah

sam said...

scary !!!!! but what a wonderful opportunity must have been a really thrilling day to be remembered,

Rach said...

Great picture! You nutter though - I'm terrified of heights so I've have been a blubbering wreck up there!

Chris T said...

Fantastic experience but like the others I don't think I could have done it. We were in Cape Town for the world cup final & just missed the bus tour they took.I'm from Cardiff so am close to the Millenium Stadium which is awesome too

Aubrey Harns said...

What a cool shot - great story too!
Blessings,
Aubrey

Debbie said...

wow great shot - at least you know youre one of the only ones to have a pic from that height! Brave man!

Jenn Alvarez said...

That would be an adrenaline rush! Love your shot Brendan!

Sue said...

Fabulous take :-) The only way you'd get me up there would be tp Photoshop me on :-D

My guys follow soccer/football, rugby doesn't get a look in here.

Sue . . . and so where's your "passion", or does this cover yesterdays prompt too? ;-)