Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Reflections on life...


As I'm sure you're aware, we recently returned from a week away in the Drakensberg, which is a beautiful mountain range here in South Africa. While we were there it snowed which was totally out of charater for this time of the year, and it was the first time ever that my kids got to play snow. There's a small lake in the resort which is the subject of today's pic. I would have loved the water to be still so that the reflections could have been more visible, but sadly it wasn't the case. I'm still pretty pleased with the resluts.

7 comments:

Bobs said...

This is such a gorgeous shot. Reminds me very much of the winter scenery way up here in Scotland.

Lovely.

xx

All of my Todays said...

It looks so peaceful there, very pretty. I bet they loved playing in the snow! x

Photographing Mom said...

Very beautiful! Glad your kids got to enjoy snow for the first time. :)

Hazel said...

This is a stunning shot - what a beautiful scene

Gemma* said...

brrr, makes me chilly just looking at it :)

Chris T said...

Very beautiful & like both your Set & SOS. Love dragonflies but they never seem to keep still for me!

Sue said...

A beautiful reflection :-) Hope to see some shots of the kids playing in the snow when we get some HSMSHS wintery prompts.

And a great set too. LOL I do understand you "setting" the scene! Looks pretty damn good to me :-)

Great dragonfly and those crocs give me the shivers BUT what a totally cool idea for "baked2 :-) Kudos :-)

Sue :-)